Social Care Program
Help kids in Puerto Escondido.
Our goal is designed to provide assistance to kids with the learning to swim and to enjoy their time while doing it.
This social care program has this tasks:
- Helping out with warming up and teaching swimming techniques to kids
- Supporting administrative activities
- Observing and recording kids progress
- Taking care kids during all classes
- Planning classes and schedule the groups
This volunteer program is for:
For volunteers with experience in working with kids and have knowledge about swimming techniques.
- Perfect for those who speak Spanish but want to keep improving
- If you are looking for donating some time and effort
- If you love kids, this is the perfect place to dedicate some of your time
Volunteers should be confident and self-motivated. Have an interest in taken care and teaching children and be happy working independently
Certificate at the end of stay
Qualified volunteer staff to assist you
Experiencia Volunteer Program Advantages
Experiencia approved - quality assured
Location - A few steps from the school
Photos & Video - Make it your wallpaper
We love helping - You can’t fake passion
A lifetime experience and a great opportunity to learn and practice your Spanish, support the local community and TRANSFORM A KID ́S LIFE. Come join us. Change a life
Good To Know
Contribute your knowledge and efforts to the local projects and organizations while practicing Spanish and working together!
You will volunteer in a small organization whose main objective is getting people into the water, especially local children.
As this organization is a swimming school there are classes for local children from 3 years of age on. The instructors are experienced and the equipment the school has for children is adjusted to different ages and needs. In this school they pay attention to kids that are new to getting into the water as well as kids that are more advanced.
The swimming classes are practiced in a swimming pool and at the beach in a calm bay.
Learn & Stay
If you need, there are three different options where volunteers can stay with us:
- School residence
- Surf Camp
- Host family
Contact us for details.
An example of your schedule
And typical week would look something this:
- Welcoming and orientation to Experiencia
- Meeting to talk about the project activities, responsibilities and cultural tips.
- Visit to meet the swimming school and the staff
- Classes planning with the help of the instructors
- Volunteer from Monday to Friday, from 3 to 4 hours with small groups of kids
- Time to have lunch at the school
- Time to play with the children
- Every last Friday of each month, the school is closed for the students as the teachers have a preparation meeting. Volunteers are encouraged to participate at this meeting for feeling included in the school system. The schedule from the school is 8 to 2:30pm.
In this program, you'll be working at the swimming schools
The swimming schools are a few minutes from Experiencia in Brisas de zicatela, Los Tamarindos.
Experiencia Spanish School:
Our school is one block from the beach and located in the heart of Puerto Escondido.
- Lecture area
- Small library
- Student dormitories
- Relaxing areas
Address:Experiencia Surf Camp .- Brisas de Zicatela, 70934 Brisas de Zicatela, Oaxaca
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN YOU PAY FOR A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM, YOU MONEY GOES TO:
- Materials for your volunteer project.
- Experiencia makes regular donations TO ALL Volunteer programs ( in money and in materials) , part of your money goes to the dog shelter program, part to turtles, part to reforestation, part to orphanage, part to kids schools and part to the hospital.
- All the volunteer organizations have seasonal unique needs and problems, your money helps buying all this.
- Promotion of the volunteer organizations.
- Staff costs.
- When you take and pay for a volunteer program, you are actually helping ALL OF THEM.