Teaching English Program
Help the Kids in Puerto Escondido.
Designed to Help the kids in Puerto Escondido. The schools regularly needs english teachers and also help in various classes.
This teaching volunteer program has this tasks:
- Planning and teaching educational lessons
- Independently managing classroom behavior
- Observing and recording student progress in their written work
- Providing students with homework and written tasks
- Helping students to learn a new language while having fun!
This volunteer program is for:
For volunteers with experience in working with kids and with a long term stay planning and teaching educational English lessons.
- Perfect for those who speak spanish but want to keep improving.
- If you are looking for donating some time and effort.
- If you love kids, this is the perfect place to dedicate some of your time.
Volunteers should be confident and self-motivated. Have an interest in teaching children and be happy working independently
Be interested in preparing lessons and games for students
Certificate at the end of stay
Qualified volunteer staff to assist you
Transfer from and to the PXM airport
Experiencia Volunteer Program Advantages
Experiencia approved - quality assured
Location - A few steps from the beach
Photos & Video - Make it your wallpaper
We love teaching - You can’t fake passion
A lifetime experience and a great opportunity to learn and practice your Spanish, support the local community and improve a kid´s life . Come join us. Change a life
Good To Know
Contribute your knowledge and efforts to the local projects and organizations while practicing Spanish and working together!
The project provides the chance for elementary school children to learn another language in order to increase their choices in professions in the future.
Schools are a government run public schools and normally does not have the opportunity to offer second language classes. Usually they have 150 students and 6 classrooms.
The volunteer program works closely with all 6 grades and is focused on continuing to provide them with classes in English. All grades have begun their English lessons and now have basic knowledge. Each class has approximately 25-30 children. Lunch is provided.
In case there are 2 or 3 volunteers at the same time in the primary school, they can assist the main volunteer or taking over some classes. There is also a Kindergarten with 2 groups of kids from 3 to 5 years old where also English classes can be given, only if there are 3 volunteers working at the same time or if desired by the volunteer.
Volunteers are introduced to the school and classes on the first day. After this time there is not any other English teacher at the school during your time, only the main teacher of each group can assist you in general cases.
Learn & Stay
If you need, there are three different options where volunteers can stay with us:
- School residence
- Surf Camp
- Host family
Contact us for details.
An example of your schedule
A typical week would look something this:
In this program, you'll be working at the schools and at Experiencia.
The schools are a few minutes from Experiencia .
Experiencia Spanish School:
Our school is one block from the beach and located in the heart of Puerto Escondido.
- Lecture area
- Small library
- Student dormitories
- Relaxing areas
Address:School .- Andador Revolución #21 Sector Libertad, en el Adoquín
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN YOU PAY FOR A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM, YOU MONEY GOES TO:
- Materials for your volunteer project.
- Experiencia makes regular donations TO ALL Volunteer programs ( in money and in materials) , part of your money goes to the dog shelter program, part to turtles, part to reforestation, part to orphanage, part to kids schools and part to the hospital.
- All the volunteer organizations have seasonal unique needs and problems, your money helps buying all this.
- Promotion of the volunteer organizations.
- Staff costs.
- When you take and pay for a volunteer program, you are actually helping ALL OF THEM.