Turtles Protection Program
Help the Turtles in Puerto Escondido.
Designed to Help the turtles in Puerto Escondido and for volunteers who like to be in the nature.
This turtle volunteer program has this tasks:
- Help in the turtle camp
- Maintenance of the camp
- Beach cleaning
- Help in the arrival season and hatching
- Help with the creation of material to raise public awareness about the importance of the environment & turtles
- In the mating season volunteers can help to keep eggs safe and to count them
- In case of receiving children groups, volunteers can help to give an explanation in English to them, also translate the guide tour to foreign people
- Help to get more money and products donations
- Everyday there is a new problem or necessity, help if you can.
This volunteer program is for:
Volunteers should not only love turtles, but also be prepared to take care of the environment.
- Perfect for those who already speak Spanish but want to keep improving.
- If you are looking for donating some time and effort.
- If you love animals, this is the perfect place to dedicate some of your time.
Certificate at the end of stay
Qualified Volunteer Staff to assist you
Transfer from and to the PXM airport
Experiencia Volunteer Program Advantages
Experiencia Approved - Quality assured
Location - A few step from the beach
Photos & Video - Make it your wallpaper
We love turtles - You can’t fake passion
A lifetime experience and a great opportunity to learn and practice your Spanish, support the local community and help some turtles . Come join us. Change a life
Good To Know
Contribute your knowledge and efforts to the local projects and organizations while practicing Spanish and working together!
Protection and Conservation of Turtles. The Turtles camp is a small organization located outside from Puerto Escondido with the goal to capture and help any injured animal and help to reproduce the turtles.
The turtle camp where volunteers can go for one night could be in different beaches depending on the season and availability. The nearest turtle camp is in La Punta area near our surf camp and the other one is about 15 minutes out of Puerto Escondido.
These camps are responsible for saving turtle eggs as much as they can by going out at night doing patrols by walk or by quad.
Once the volunteers find turtle eggs, they transport them and save them in one special reserve.
In the turtle camp volunteers can help by making patrols looking for the turtle eggs, transporting them and putting them in a safe place near the turtle camp for make sure that nobody is stealing them.
Learn & Stay
If you need, there are three different options where volunteers can stay with us:
- School residence
- Surf camp
- Host family
Contact us for details.
An example of your shedule
Your week in the Sea Turtles Protection Program would look something this:
In this program, you´ll be working in the camp and in the School.
The camp is outside Puerto Escondido .
Experiencia Spanish School:
Our school is one block from the beach and located in the heart of Puerto Escondido.
- Lecture area
- Small library
- Student dormitories
- Relaxing areas
Address:School .- Andador Revolución #21 Sector Libertad, en el Adoquín
0 ReviewsAccomodation Destination Overall Transport Value For Money
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN YOU PAY FOR A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM, YOU MONEY GOES TO:
- Materials for your volunteer project.
- Experiencia makes regular donations TO ALL Volunteer programs ( in money and in materials) , part of your money goes to the dog shelter program, part to turtles, part to reforestation, part to Orphanage, part to kids schools and part to the hospital.
- All the volunteer organizations have seasonal unique needs and problems, your money helps buying all this.
- Promotion of the volunteer organizations.
- Staff costs.
- When you take and pay for a volunteer program, you are actually helping ALL OF THEM.